TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
LETRS informs the USER that any suggestions, doubts or queries about the General Conditions of Use will be received and solved by contacting LETRS via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make the use of THE PLATFORM conform to criteria of transparency, clarity and simplicity.
The terms and conditions set forth below (“General Conditions”) govern the access, registration, navigation, loading and use of the content offered in the platform by the professional users and how many websites have left Authorized after signing the corresponding contract as a professional user to use the products of the catalog of typographies offered through the LETRS platform that can be found or accessible through the domain www.letrs.io
ABECESAURIO SL, has created a platform, henceforth LETRS, consisting of a web portal and a desktop application, which acts as a catalog of typographic fonts, and makes available to third parties, hereinafter the USER, the use of typographic fonts, Online and offline.
The USER, intends to access LETRS to use the typographic fonts hosted on that platform, and that access is formalized and concrete in this document.
By accepting and adhering to the present conditions, you will acquire the status of USER in terms of this document, LETRS reserves the right to modify them at any time and without prior notice, including economic conditions and service fees. In case of modification of the conditions by the company, it will be communicated to the USER so that it can review the modified content of the clauses. Consequently, it will be the responsibility of every USER to carefully read the General Conditions of use in force on each of the occasions in which it accesses LETRS so if it does not agree with any of the same here available, it must reliably communicate it to the Owner of LETRS. The new conditions will take effect from their update by the company, with the exception of the economic conditions, as reflected in this document. The USER is aware that the access and use of the content offered from the platform is performed under his sole and exclusive responsibility, accepting that the simple navigation by some LETRS services may be subject to particular conditions, regulations and instructions that, if applicable, Substitute, complete and / or modify these terms and conditions (hereinafter, “Particular Conditions”), which must be accepted by the user before use. In case the user does not accept these General Conditions or Particular Conditions, the user must refrain from accessing the platform or, if they have agreed, abandon them. In addition, non-acceptance will allow LETRS to automatically resolve the license subscribed with the USER.
In order to use LETRS to meet transparency, clarity and simplicity criteria, LETRS informs the USER that any suggestion, doubt or query about the General Conditions of Use will be received and solved by contacting LETRS through the email email@example.com.
TERMS CONTENT OF THE SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE USE OF LETRS (USERS).
LETRS acts as a catalog of typographic fonts and font manager. LETRS makes available to the USER the use of such typographic fonts and provide them the use of their private collection through the “MY FONTS” section.
The fonts of LETRS Catalog are created by typographic Foundries and independent typographers, the SUPPLIERS.
They are offered in a unique catalog, not exclusive, for all USERS.
The LETRS subscription allows you to use the fonts in the catalog located in the section (FONTS CATALOG) in any desktop application that has the USER installed on your computer.
Through the PLATFORM, the company puts the catalogue of typographic fonts available to end customers for its use within the educational area, as well as to end professionals in print form, projection, broadcasting and web banner campaigns, excluding the use as web fonts, mobile applications, video games and other digital content.
To access the use of the content offered in LETRS (FONTS CATALOG) the USER will contract a certain number of licenses for individual use. These individual licenses will be subject to the main subscription contract between LETRS and USER.
The subscription object of the contract is limited, non-exclusive and revocable; Allowing the USER the application of typographic fonts in professional works. The subscription of the USER cannot be transferred to third parties without the express consent of LETRS.
The subscription under no circumstances grants the USER any rights other than the use of the fonts offered in FONTS CATALOG and the management of their own typographies and the total price of the subscription in the different modalities (FONTS CATALOG and MY FONTS) will be in each case established by LETRS and that will be informed in the platform, where it will be indicated and will disaggregate the repercussion of all taxes that are precise according to the Spanish tax legislation. The payment of the subscription will be made through the payment platform at the time of formalizing the subscription of the USER.
LETRS can periodically modify the price of the Subscriptions. The modification will be applied in the next period of payment of the USER. If you do not agree to the price change, the USER has the right to refuse the change and cancel the LETRS subscription before the price change takes effect. The cancellation of the subscription will not give right to refunds or indemnifications to the USER of any type.
The lack of payment of any of the quotas in time and form empowers LETRS to suspend the service, by blocking the access accounts of USERS.
If the payment of the amount owed does not occur within the following 7 calendar days, LETRS may terminate the contract without that resolution generating any right of compensation or any refund in favor of the USER. All this regardless of the ability of LETRS to claim the full payment of the price agreed for the entire term contracted.
INDUSTRIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
LETRS respects the rules of intellectual property and copyright, with the USER also obliged to comply.
The contents, texts, photographs, designs, logos, images, computer programs, source codes and, in general, any intellectual creation existing in this PLATFORM, as well as the site itself as a multimedia artistic work, are protected as rights by the law on intellectual property. LETRS is the owner of the elements that make up the graphic design of the PLATFORM, the menus, navigation buttons, code, texts, images, textures, graphics and any other content of the PLATFORM and the website or, in any case, of the corresponding authorization for the use of said elements. The content provided in THE PLATFORM cannot be reproduced in whole or in part, nor transmitted nor registered by any system of information retrieval, in any form or by any means, unless prior authorization is obtained, in writing, Of the Entity.
Likewise, it is prohibited to suppress, circumvent and / or manipulate the “copyright” as well as the technical protection devices, or any information mechanisms that may contain the contents. The USER of this PLATFORM undertakes to respect the rights enunciated and to avoid any action that could harm them, with LETRS in all cases reserving the exercise of all means or legal actions that correspond to him in defense of his legitimate intellectual and industrial property rights.
Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other designations owned by third parties used in or in connection with the website or the PLATFORM are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
The fonts offered from the PLATFORM are protected by the copyright of its creators and other guarantees protected by intellectual property, and they can exercise any judicial action necessary for their protection in case of misuse or infringement of Your rights by the USER. The PLATFORM will not be responsible for any infringement of copyright and intellectual property or industrial property committed by the USER on the fonts in his catalog.
In addition to those established in the present conditions of use or in the particular conditions that may be established, THE USER is bound to:
- Make adequate and lawful use of THE PLATFORM as well as of the contents and services, in accordance with: (i) the legislation applicable at any time; (Ii) the General Conditions of Use of THE PLATFORM; (Iii) generally accepted morals and good customs and (iv) public order.
- To have majority under Spanish law and have the capacity to assume the rights and obligations established in the particular and general conditions, exempting LETRS from any liability derived from contravention of this stipulation.
- Provide all means and technical requirements that are required to access the PLATFORM.
- Pay the price corresponding to the subscription or its renewal in the terms stipulated in the payment platform of LETRS.
- Do not assign the license expressly granted by this contract to a third party.
- Do not seek improper access to the website and your user account, keeping the access credentials at all times secret. The user / password information provided to you is personal and non-transferable. Consequently, it will be responsible for its adequate custody and confidentiality, committing itself not to cede it to third parties, temporarily or permanently, nor to allow access to the aforementioned services and / or contents by outsiders. Likewise, it is obliged to notify to LETRS any fact that may imply an improper use of your password, such as, by way of example, theft, loss or unauthorized access, in order to proceed to its immediate cancellation. Consequently, as long as you do not make the above notification, LETRS will be exempt from any liability that may arise from the misuse of your password, being your responsibility any unlawful use of the contents and / or services of the platform by any illegitimate third party.
- To make use according to the licenses of intellectual property expressly granted in this contract, that is: application of the fonts in professional and nonprofessional works.
- Provide truthful information by completing with your personal data the forms contained in THE PLATFORM and keep them updated at all times in a way that responds, at any time, to the actual situation of the USER. The USER will be solely responsible for the false or inaccurate statements made and the damages caused to LETRS or third parties for the information provided.
Notwithstanding what is established in the previous section, the USER must also refrain from:
- To make an unauthorized or fraudulent use of the PLATFORM and its contents for illegal purposes or effects, prohibited in the present General Conditions of Use, harmful to the rights and interests of third parties, or that in any way may damage, disable, Overload, deteriorate or prevent the normal use of services or documents, files and any kind of content stored on any computer equipment.
- Access or attempt to access resources or restricted areas of the PLATFORM, without fulfilling the conditions required for such access.
- To cause damage to the physical or logical systems of PLATAFORMA, its suppliers or third parties.
- Introduce or disseminate in the network computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems that are likely to cause damage to the physical or logical systems of the COMPANY, its suppliers or third parties.
- Attempt to access, use and / or manipulate the data of the COMPANY, third-party suppliers and other USERS.
- Reproduce or copy, distribute, allow public access through any form of public communication, transform or modify the content, unless the authorization of the holder of the corresponding rights or is legally permitted.
- Suppress, conceal or manipulate the notes on intellectual or industrial property rights and other data identifying the rights of LETRS or third parties incorporated into the contents, as well as technical protection devices or any information mechanisms that may be inserted in the Contents.
- Obtain and try to obtain the contents using means or procedures different from those that, according to the cases, have been made available for this purpose, in general, of those that are usually used on the Internet because they do not involve a risk of Damage or disuse of the PLATFORM.
- To use the services and materials offered through the subscription as USER contrary to the present general and / or the Particular Conditions that regulate the use of a certain service and / or content, and to the detriment or impairment of the rights Of other users.
- Include, without the prior written consent of the COMPANY, on web pages of responsibility or property of the user or of unauthorized third parties “metatags” corresponding to trademarks, logos, trade names or distinctive signs owned by the COMPANY. Or use trademarks, logos, trade names, or any other identifying sign that is subject to intellectual or industrial property rights, without the express prior written authorization of its rightful owner.ade and the damages caused to LETRS or third parties for the information provided.
- In particular, and in a purely indicative and non-exhaustive way, the USER undertakes not to transmit, disseminate or make available to third parties information, data, content, messages, graphics, drawings, sound and / or image files, Recordings, software and, in general, any kind of material that:
- In any way it is contrary, undermines or undermines the fundamental rights and public freedoms constitutionally recognized, in the International Treaties and in the rest of the current legislation.
- Induce, incite or promote criminal, denigratory, defamatory, violent or, in general, acts contrary to law, morality, generally accepted good customs or public order.
- Induce, incite or promote discriminatory actions, attitudes or thoughts based on sex, race, religion, beliefs, age or condition.
- Incorporate, make available or permit access to criminal, violent, offensive, harmful, degrading, or otherwise generally offensive products, elements, messages and / or services contrary to law, morality and generally accepted good practices or to public order.
- Induce or induce an unacceptable state of anxiety or fear.
- Induce or incite to engage in dangerous, risky or harmful practices for health and psychic balance.
- The use of the material that is protected by the legislation on intellectual or industrial protection belonging to LETRS to third parties without the authorized use of the intended use.
- Be contrary to honor, personal and family privacy or the image of people.
- Make any type of advertising.
- Include any virus or program that prevents the normal functioning of the Website.
The USER will respond to the COMPANY, or against third parties, of any damages of any kind that could be caused as a consequence of the non-compliance or non-observance, directly or indirectly, of these conditions. LETRS will at all times watch for respect for the current legal system, and reserves the right to deny at any time, at any time and without prior notice, the user’s subscription access to the PLATAFORMA, whenever one or more circumstances exist Described in this clause.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION.
LETRS as the USER will be responsible to the competent bodies of the treatments that each performs according to its corporate purpose regarding the data of the natural persons who are assignees or end users of the fonts, each party dealing with its own Breaches with respect to its obligations derived from the legislation in force in the matter. To that end, each party must comply with its obligations for registration, information, security and management of the rights of persons derived from Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data and its regulations. development.
The holders of personal data collected through this agreement may exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by going to the addresses included in the clause relating to notifications.
In the event that the execution of the agreement gave rise to the communication between the parties of information that could be considered as personal data, pursuant to the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 of December 14, Personal nature, the parties undertake, on a reciprocal basis, to:
- A) – Do not communicate personal data without the consent of the interested natural persons or, if appropriate, without legal authorization.
- B) – Inform the natural persons referred to in the personal data that, if applicable, communicate all the extremes required by art. 5.4 of the Organic Law 15/1999, of December 14, on the Protection of Personal Data and, specifically, the possible incorporation of such data to files – automated or otherwise – that might need to be created for management purposes and Registration of the execution of this agreement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
In the event that the user detects a defective product, he / she must immediately notify LETRS so that it can immediately correct it and / or seek its replacement. The USER, in any case, must make sure that the selected products comply with their technical and practical requirements before a use that can cause damages not contemplated in this contract, since LETRS will not be liable for damages caused by a non diligent use of the platform and the products offered in it.
LETRS makes available to the USER a permanent information service to avoid inappropriate uses. If they occur they will be the sole responsibility of the USER.
The user using LETRS as personal typographic manager in the section of “MY FONTS” (Private Collection of the user) must respect and comply with the licenses previously acquired with his supplier. LETRS in any case is responsible for the non-compliance of the licenses by the user.
LETRS will not be responsible at all in case of inability to provide service, if this is due to prolonged interruptions of electricity supply, telecommunication lines, social conflicts, strikes, rebellions, explosions, floods, acts and omissions of the Government, and in general all The assumptions of force majeure or fortuitous event.
APPLICABLE LAW, JURISDICTION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
The legislation applicable to this contract and the transactions deriving from it, will be the Spanish one. The parties that intervene freely and voluntarily agree, with express waiver of any other jurisdiction that may correspond to them, that all disputes, divergences or controversial matters arising from this contract, will be resolved in the courts of Barcelona (Spain).